ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR is the common error for Google Chrome browser users which occurs while accessing some of the most popular sites like Gmail, Google+, YouTube, Reddit, Wikipedia, Tumblr, Facebook, etc. There are lots of reason which cause this error in your browser so we can’t specify the exact reason. But, don’t worry there is no security risk to your device because of it.
What is ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR?
I think I already described enough about this error in my above paragraph. But if you wants to confirm that we are providing you solution for the exact error, have a look at this screenshot:
This error shows text “This webpage is not available” and below it “ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR“. Don’t worry, above images is not the only possibility of this issue, it appears in different looks, you just need to check the line err_spdy_protocol_error in the whole page, it it appears somewhere in it then this method will help you to solve it.
Sometimes ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR also occurs in Mozilla Firefox browser too. Mostly this error can be seen while you are accessing Google sites like Gmail, YouTube, etc.. Even these are the most trusted and secured sites of the world. Well, security is not the reason of this error. Generally, it can be easily solved just by restarting your browser or by clearing the cache. But, if still you are getting this error again and again while reloading any page in your browser, then you can try our some methods which can help you to get rid of this error. We already shared one another error solution that is This Copy of Windows in Not Genuine Fix.
Solve Chrome’s ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR – Permanent Fix
You can permanent fix ERR_SPDY_PERMANENT_FIX error which one easy method, have a look at this:
- Copy and paste URL “chrome://net-internals/#sockets” in your browser and press enter.
- Now, just click on “Flush Socket Pools” option and you are done.
This is the easiest method to solve this error but if it doesn’t works for you, you can try out another method which is shared below.
How to Solve Chrome’s ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR
If above method doesn’t worked for you, then you should Clear some Chrome’s cookies & data and restart your browser to get rid of this unwanted error. Let me tell you the steps to clear cookies:
- Open Chrome settings from top right section or directly enter URL “chrome://settings“.
- Scroll down a bit and click on “Show Advanced Settings”.
- Now, under the Privacy section, click on “Clear browsing data” option.
- It will show you lots of options to select, among them just select following:
- Just tick on that Two options, don’t touch remaining options. Have a look at the Arrow in above Screenshot, in that section select “the beginning of time” and at last click on Clear browsing data button.
- Voila!! Now, You can enjoy error free surging in your browser.
These two methods can easily solve chrome’s ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. But, if you are using Avast Antivurus on your system, then maybe these will not work in your device. You needs to make some changes in your antivirus settings.
Additional Settings for Avast Antivirus Users
Antiviruses are getting more and more strict for security purpose nowadays. This can be a reason for this error but only if you are Avast antivirus user, as it included some extra security features as compared to any others. You can easily solve this error by adding error getting site to your Avast exclusion list. Have a look at this step by step tutorial:
- Open Avast in your Conputer.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Now, Click on “Active Protection”.
- Click on Customize for “Web Shield Protection”.
- Now, add all the websites separately to exclude section on which you are getting error.
That’s it. It maybe help you. If you have any other Antivirus, give a try to open that error showing website after disabling your Antivirus. If site will open normally, there was any security restriction by your antivirus (In this case you should make some changes in your antivirus settings). You may also like Best Antivirus Apps for Android.
So guys, these are the some easy methods for those who wants to know How to Fix Chrome’s ERR_SPRY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. I am sure, my methods will work for you. Don’t think it is any risky error or your system is got infected with unsecured things, it is a common error which can be caused because of many reasons and will get solved just by cleaning cookies. If still you are facing this issue and want some help, feel free to comment below.